An Excerpt from the Book:
Legacy of the Tall, Black & White Donkey of the White House: OBAMA
Just a brief summary of the benefits of Health Care Reform (ObamaCare):
In the United States, Health Care Reform has a long history and now includes the two federal statutes enacted in 2010 that are “Health Care Reform”:
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), signed March 23, 2010
- Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (H.R. 4872 ) which amended the PPACA and became
- law on March 30, 2010.
Essential elements of the Health Care Reform debate and final bill include:
- Helping Americans receive the best care, not the most expensive care.
- Providing families and businesses with more choices and more affordable health care.
- Preventing insurance companies from denying people coverage because of a pre-existing medical condition (starting with children).
- Ensuring that workers can still have health insurance if they lose their job, change their job or start a new business.
- Including a health insurance exchange that will allow families and small businesses to compare prices and quality, so they can choose the health care plan that best suits their needs.
- Covering an estimated 97% of all Americans.
- Emphasizing prevention and wellness to help improve the quality of health care for every American.
A public option was voted out and would not be included in the final bill.
The entire topic of Health Care Reform and many more informative topics is available in Legacy of the Tall, Black & White Donkey of the White House: OBAMA, from this website (blackandwhitelegacy.com), or from Amazon.com in Hardback, Paperback or e-book.
What are your thoughts on the pros and cons of ObamaCare? How does it affect you, your community, your job or business, your children or family?